Wednesday 31 October 2007

Less than a week left

Can't believe that its less than a week before we fly South.

Eversince I was notified back in August that I had been selected I have been working hard to put the trip to the back of my mind and get on with life.

Up until recently I have been fairly successful but now that it is so close its very hard not to be nervous. I have this knot in my stomach thinking about the days ahead.

It's not that I am afraid or anything it's just that the Falklands have always been this huge event in my mind and I go back not knowing what to expect. I must say though that I am getting many messages of support on the SAMA82 forums and it seems I am not the only one feeling this way.

Nice to know we aren't flying down on some clapped out Tri-Star :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondered if anyone knew my best mate Davie Mckay who fought on tumbledown.His mate in the guards was David Malcolmson who was killed in the battle.Davie Mckay was also sadly killed in freak bus accident in 1989.I noticed that their is a guardsmen Mckay and guardsmen Malcolmson both in G company and Left Flank in the 2SG AFTER ACTION REPORT.Can anyone tell me if its a mistake as im sure they were both in G coy.Id appreciate it if anyone knew or remembers Davie to drop me a wee note,email scobie67@hotmail.com.Many thanks,WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone name the guards in the famous photo on top of tumbledown,many thanks.